Tips for Successful Facebook Timeline Fan Page Design:
Here’s some Must Have Tips & Tools to reference for a Successful Facebook Timeline Page Design!
Facebook has introduced the new timeline to all Facebook Pages on March 30, 2012. Now, all Facebook Company/Fan Pages have automatically changed to new Facebook Timeline Layouts whether we like it or not. We all know that the superior business leader adapts, So instead of complaining about the change, Take this opportunity to use it for your advantage to renew your Facebook Page Design.. Separate your pages from the wannabes, the unprofessional, and your boring socially dry competitors!
In this post, I have listed some Must Have’s regarding the Facebook Timeline for Fan Pages in order to reference the sizes and outline the design must do tips.
1. New Cover Image for Your Brand
Yes, Facebook Fan Pages do support Fb Cover Image/Cover Art, just like personal profile pages. Be sure to make good use of this much larger space to promote your brand or products!
Cover Image: 850px * 315px (at least 399px wide)
Profile Image: 180px * 180px
#Note: Please take time to learn more about Facebook Cover Image Rules when creating a cover image for your fan page.
- Price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it at our website”
- Contact information, such as web address, email, mailing address or other information intended for your Page’s About section
- References to user interface elements, such as Like or Share, or any other Facebook site features
- Calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends”
UPDATED! for Facebook’s New Larger Re-sizing after April 2012
Rub-Here for Blottermonkey’s FREE FaceBook Cover Art Template
This is a great time to mention one my earlier posts: BlotterMonky’s FREE (Fb)FaceBook Cover Art (Ps)PhotoShop Template!
- ShortLink to the PSD file: Get the new Template in Zip form – http://db.tt/3ipZHX3J
- HardLink to the template page: https://almosthumor.wordpress.com/2012/03/15/blottermonkeys-facebook-cover-art-ps-template/
Looking for ideas for cover image design? Here’s some example of cover image for your inspiration.
- Famous Brand Pages Facebook Cover Designs – http://www.yhyqart.com/2012/02/29/facebook-timeline-world-famous-brand-pages-cover-designs-cool-ideas-fan-pages/
- Creative Facebook Timeline Cover – http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/creative-facebook-timeline-covers/
- And even plenty to use for personal Fan-pages free or for inspiration – https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/103718461397854296745/albums
2. Page Tabs with Thumbnail
Facebook Page Tabs are still there but with new look and feel, and are called Facebook ‘apps’ now. They are displayed as thumbnails under cover image. You can have up to 12 apps…And each provides you a wide space to promote your content, though only 4 apps (including Photo) are always on top of the page, or in display underneath cover image. Thus, remember to rearrange your apps ecstatically for Function + Design… so as to always show your best on top!
Tabs Thumbnail: 111px * 74px
Tabs Content: 670px width
3. Highlight or Pin?
With new timeline Fan page, you can highlight or pin any post on your timeline. Highlighted posts will become wider and take up both sides of page. While pinned post won’t get bigger, but will stay on top of timeline for 7 days. So, highlight or pin? It’s up to you, and a great way to temporarily showcase something.
New Look Facebook Pages: Pin, Highlight and mark Milestones http://www.nickykriel.com/blog/social-media/new-look-facebook-pages-pin-highlight-and-marking-milestones/
Highlight post: Hover over your post and click the ‘Star’ icon. Facebook called it ‘starring’ post!
Pin post: Hover over your post, click the ‘Pencil’ icon, and then select ‘Pin to Top’.
4. Private Message from Fan
Your Fan Page now has the capability to receive private message from your fan. Be sure to check your Fan page Inbox by time-to-time!
Not only status, photo, and question updates, but you can set business milestones on your timeline as well, such as founding dates, mergers, company picnics, achievements, and etc.
Milestone Image: 843px * 403px
Learn more about Fb Milestones: https://www.facebook.com/help/?faq=279680818764230
For more tips on content and likes:
How to Get Facebook Likes – Ways to Increase More Facebook Fans and Followers: http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-get-facebook-likes-ways-to-get-more-facebook-fans-or-friends